- Prologue: Japanese sounds and romanization (xl)
- The mora
- Long vowels and long consonants
- Pitch accent
- Question intonation (1-10 BTS 19)
- Pronouncing the alphabet (3-1 BTS 1)
- 外来語 (3-3 BTS 14)
- Empathy-seeking intonation: 古くない？ (21-6 BTS 11)
External Resources for practicing pitch accent patterns
Japanese Pitch-Accent lessons by DOGEN (YouTube Playlist)
Online Japanese Accent Dictionary
A webpage that you can look up different words in Japanese to check the pitch accent patterns and pronunciation for different conjugations (Credit: Online Japanese Accent Dictionary).
Prosody Tutor Suzuki-kun
A webpage that you can type in or copy and paste a text to analyze the pitch contours (Credit: Online Japanese Accent Dictionary). This resource is great for practicing your presentational skills (Intro video).
JAccent is an offline Japanese accent dictionary for Japanese teachers and learners (Credit: JAccent).